I had a good and proper bout of Mondayitis today. I used to get it weekly when I worked in the corporate world because I never wanted to go back to the office on Monday, but it’s very rare it happens now that I’m studying what I love. I had a beautiful and completely carefree day out with my husband yesterday and I have no doubt that’s what set it off given I sat down to start a load of assignments today. Still, I am grateful we got to enjoy such a wonderful day together and that we got to check out some new additions to the dining / bar scene in Sydney, namely Acre Eatery (an urban farm on a bowling green) and Hacienda (the views!!). More on those another day 😊
Nothing gets me over the blues like creating delicious things in the kitchen for us, it’s my happy place. I recently stumbled across a gorgeous little company called Naked Paleo thanks to seeing some pics of a beautiful turmeric banana bread that the lovely Lui from Naked Seed Nutrition had whipped up. I picked up a few of their products to try as they are all intolerant friendly… depending on your intolerance as some contain nuts and are high in histamines – though not all are. I grabbed one of my new faves out of the cupboard – the beetroot and cacao mylk infusion – and got to work!
I’ve been adding that divine powder to yoghurt whenever I’ve had it, so I thought it would be delicious in a yoghurt bark we could have for afternoon or evening treats. I was right, it was! Combined with macadamias, blueberries, and raw cacao it makes perfect little frozen yoghurt bites.
This is just what I made for us today but if you don’t like the toppings change them out for your own. My only tip there is that it’s always a good idea to taste your mix before you spread it out to make sure you like it. It’s also worth mentioning this is not a portable snack as it needs to stay in the freezer or it will melt. Hope you enjoy the yoghurt bark! ❤️
- 1.5 cups yoghurt (I used Coyo vanilla bean)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp naked paleo beetroot and cacao mylk infusion
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup macadamias chopped finely (set aside half for decorating)
- 1 punnet of blueberries, cut in half (set aside half for decorating)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao nibs (set aside half for decorating)
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients except those set aside for decorating and mix well
- Spread the yoghurt out on the parchment paper to about 0.5cm thickness
- Decorate the top with the leftover nuts, berries and cacao nibs then place in the freezer to set for 2 hours
- Break into pieces and enjoy! Must be stored in the freezer.