I had a good and proper bout of Mondayitis today. I used to get it weekly when I worked in the corporate world because I never wanted to go back to the office on Monday, but it’s very rare it happens now that I’m studying what I love. I had a beautiful and completely carefree day out with my husband yesterday and I have no doubt that’s what set it off given I sat down to start a load of assignments today. Still, I am grateful we got to enjoy such a wonderful day together and that we got to check out some new additions to the dining / bar scene in Sydney, namely Acre Eatery (an urban farm on a bowling green) and Hacienda (the views!!). More on those another day 😊
I’ve recently become addicted to using wholefoods powders like beetroot etc., and have been adding them to yoghurt for added goodness. That got me thinking it would be delicious as yoghurt bark for a snack and I was right, it was! Combined with macadamias, blueberries, and raw cacao it makes perfect little frozen yoghurt bites.
This is just what I made for us today but if you don’t like the toppings change them out for your own. My only tip there is that it’s always a good idea to taste your mix before you spread it out to make sure you like it. It’s also worth mentioning this is not a portable snack as it needs to stay in the freezer or it will melt. Hope you enjoy the yoghurt bark! ❤️
- 1.5 cups yoghurt (I used Coyo vanilla bean)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp beetroot powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup macadamias chopped finely (set aside half for decorating)
- 1 punnet of blueberries, cut in half (set aside half for decorating)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao nibs (set aside half for decorating)
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients except those set aside for decorating and mix well
- Spread the yoghurt out on the parchment paper to about 0.5cm thickness
- Decorate the top with the leftover nuts, berries and cacao nibs then place in the freezer to set for 2 hours
- Break into pieces and enjoy! Must be stored in the freezer.