Competition now closed!
Congratulations to Julietta Boscolo who is the winner of the two book prize pack! 🎉 A big thank you to all who submitted wonderful entries both here and on Facebook too.
COMPETITION TIME!! 🙌🏻
I said back in December I would run a competition early this year to celebrate finally finishing my degree and becoming a Naturopath, so…. here it is! Exciting 🤗
I have a fabulous prize pack up for grabs that has been very generously donated just for us by the lovely Tabitha McIntosh – Naturopath and Clinical Nutritionist at Awaken Your Health… who also happens to be the co-author of One Bite at a Time: Reduce Toxic Exposure and Eat the World You Want, the first book in our prize pack. Thank you Tabitha!
One lucky winner will receive this pack, which consists of two extremely informative books that will help demystify the issue of toxic exposure from consumer and industrial chemicals and how to manage the ever-increasing chemical load we are faced with. The books aim to educate and empower through discussing what chemicals are, where they’re found and how to go about avoiding / eliminating them to improve your health and that of your family. So if you’d love them in your life, you’ve come to the right place!
Book one – One Bite At A Time: Reduce Toxic Exposure And Eat The World You Want
Book number one, as I mentioned, is the newly-released ‘One Bite At A Time – Reduce Toxic Exposure And Eat The World You Want’ written by Tabitha McIntosh and Dr Sarah Lantz. Both women have dedicated much of their careers to research in the fields of nutritional medicine, chemical toxicity and what effects ongoing environmental exposure to these chemicals can have on our bodies, which has culminated in the delivery of this very accessible read and must-have resource. One Bite at a Time outlines the burden of toxicity we are faced with daily and how you can mitigate the ill-effects of such exposure. I WANT THIS…. I hear you say! You definitely do.
Book two – Chemical Free Kids
The second book is ‘Chemical Free Kids’, which was also written by Dr Sarah Lantz. This is another excellent resource for your chemical-free toolkit that examines the issues associated with children and chemical exposure . Chemical Free Kids focuses on outlining what toxic chemicals are and where they’re found, how they enter the body, how they come to affect children behaviourally and physically and how these issues can be addressed. Children are particularly susceptible to chemical exposure so this is definitely one you’ll want to read if you have small people about. It’s not only for parents either, it’s a must read for Aunties, Uncles, Carers, Teachers and Grandparents too!
To enter, all you need to do is answer the following question:
*In 25 words or less, what is most concerning to you about the abundant use of chemicals in our food chain and household/personal products?*
That’s it! You can leave your answer in the comments section of this blog post OR on the competition post on my Facebook page, which will be pinned to the top of the page for the duration of the competition.
The competition will be open from 9am (AEDT) Tuesday 21 February 2017 (TOMORROW!) and will close at 12pm (AEDT) on Tuesday 28 February 2017. ONE WEEK ONLY! Tabitha has kindly agreed to judge the winner with me and I will announce who that lucky person is at 10am (AEDT) on Friday 3 March 2017. The announcement will go onto The Tolerant Table Facebook Page and Instagram accounts, and this post will be updated with the winner’s name also.
Best of luck to everyone 🍀🍀🍀🍀 In the meantime…. you can have a read of Tabitha’s 8 Ways to Switch to Safe – One Bite at a Time post, which contains hints and tips based on the information found in the book.
Terms and conditions of the giveaway:
- Entry is open to people residing in Australia only
- The giveaway will run between 9am (AEDT) Tuesday 21 February 2017 and 12pm (AEDT) Tuesday 28 February 2017. No entries will be accepted before or after these dates and times
- Only one entry per person is permitted
- All entries must be 25 words or less
- Entries will only be accepted via the comments section on this blog post OR the comments section of the post pertaining to the giveaway on Facebook, which will be pinned to the top of The Tolerant Table Facebook page for the length of the competition
- The winner will be announced at 10am (AEDT) on Friday 3 March 2017 on The Tolerant Table Facebook page and Instagram feed. This post will also be updated with the winner’s name
- If the winner does not claim their prize within 48 hours of the announcement, the prize pack will be given to the next best entry, which will continue until the prize is claimed
- Failure to meet any of the above terms and conditions will disqualify your entry
Please note: The (two) books will be given away as one pack, so there will only be one winner.