Preparing a nutritious breakfast as you fly out the door can seem an impossible task some days. This is where make-ahead meals, like these delicious mini omelettes (or frittatas – whichever you prefer 😊), can definitely shine. They can be made in a big batch on a weekend, or a day you have more time and used as a grab-and-go meal from the fridge. They can also be frozen and reheated if you’re planning ahead!
Mini Omelettes / Frittatas
- 1 large orange carrot
- 1 large yellow carrot
- ½ large zucchini
- 1 cup spinach
- 12 eggs
Batch One Spices
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to taste
Batch Two Spices
- ¾ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with baking cups (If You Care is a great brand)
- Put the carrots and the zucchini through a spiraliser (grated would also be fine) then place a big handful in each cup. You can either keep each vegetable separate or mix them all together with the spinach. If you do keep them separate don’t forget to put the spinach in a few cups!
- Crack 6 eggs into two separate jugs then add the smoked paprika, cumin and nutritional yeast into one and the cumin, turmeric and cinnamon into the other. Season both with pepper and salt then whisk to combine the seasoning into each lot of eggs
- Pour the first jug of egg/spice mix over the first 6 muffin cups, then do the same with the other jug on the last 6
- Place in the pre-heated oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve with a green salad. You can sprinkle these omelettes with anything you like too – goat’s cheese, dulse flakes and tahini are lovely examples. You can also allow them to cool slightly then refrigerate or freeze for later ❤️
These mini omelettes look fabulous! I would eat each and every one of them!! Not all in one sitting, mind you! 🙂
Haha! Thanks, Elaine 😀 I love these. So versatile, they can be different flavours every week and they freeze well so easy to pull out of the freezer for breakfast the next morning if you know you’ll be in a rush ❤️
They look amazing! Yummy! <3
Thanks Ellie! 😀
They look so cute and delicious Gabby, very versatile too! Will try your recipe for our next Sunday brekkie 🙂
Thanks Patty! Hope you enjoy them 💜
Oh my gosh! These are delightfully beautiful and healthy too. They’d be perfect for a brunch party. I’ll give them a try.
Thanks Michelle 😊 They are super quick and easy and always a crowd pleaser!
What a tremendous idea. I often whip up frittatas but never thought of doing a cup cake version but again….. a fabulous idea for those like me who tend to not eat unless I can eat really lovely food and quick and easy ‘really lovely food’ usually takes time to make ahead when you dash about like a crazy thing.
Thanks Anna 😀 I’m a bit the same…. love something nourishing whether I’m in a rush or not so these are perfect. Especially for grabbing one or two as you fly out the door 🙌🏻