Vanilla cinnamon Brookfarm porrij was on for breakfast this morning and I absolutely loved it! I would normally use oats to make a porridge, but I was recently given some Brookfarm products to try, and their gluten free porrij was one of them.
I’m not quite sure how it is that I’ve never come to know about this beautiful Australian brand. Particularly given they’re just the kind of company I seek out and happily recommend to my clients. I love the quality of ingredients they use, I love that the products I’ve tried so far contain no nasties and I really love their sustainable and ethical approach.
One of the most enormous frustrations for me as a Naturopath is seeing ‘health’ products hit the market to meet demand… that are full of rubbish. Almond milk is still one of the best examples I can think of. Have you ever flipped those containers over to have a read of what’s inside? The majority have a long list of things you don’t want to be consuming for good health.
The Brookfarm porrij I used in this recipe contains nothing more than brown rice, organic millet, almonds, organic quinoa, organic amaranth, organic golden flaxseed, macadamias and cinnamon. That’s the kind of ingredients list I like and the sort of product I most definitely support.
The Brookfarm website lists stockists if you would like to give their porrij and this recipe a try but I have also seen it in several IGAs and health food stores. I will absolutely be keeping an eye out for more of the Brookfarm products from here on in.
And if you love porridge in general and want to give another version a try, I also have a banana porridge recipe that is equally delish. Enjoy!
Vanilla cinnamon Brookfarm porrij
- 1 x 45g sachet of Brookfarm gluten-free porrij (or pour out 1/2 cup from a larger packet)
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or more if you prefer it sweeter)
- Suggested toppings – blueberries, bee pollen, raw honey, Brookfarm Paleo Powerfood and edible argan oil (optional)
- Empty the sachet into a saucepan and add in the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup
- Place the saucepan over a low heat and bring to a simmer
- Leave to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes stirring constantly until the porrij thickens
- Serve with a little extra milk and decorate with toppings of choice